Our Training Services
As the designated certifying body for all county Public Administrators, Public Guardians and Public Conservators in California, we provide a variety of professional trainings to help prepare our members to meet the rigorous demands of the job. Our trainings are guided by our Standards & Certification policy document found here.
Training courses are approved based on criteria set forth by the Association related to expected program proficiencies and core competencies the Association feels are critical for PA|PG|PC’s to be effective in their work. Course definitions are broken down by the following criteria:
- Who is Delivering the Course: Is the course being given by the Association and/or affiliated PA|PG|PC program office or an outside entity? AND
- What is the Training Topic: Does the training address a PA|PG|PC program core competency or a more generalized PA|PG|PC proficiency?
Course definitions include:
- Competency Training (formerly labeled In-house Training): Any training, course, workshop or other form of professional training organized and hosted by the Association’s Executive Office or a PA|PG|PC County office which meets one or more PA|PG|PC program competencies as outlined in Chapter 5 of this document.
- Proficiency Training (formerly labeled Outside Training): Any training, course, workshop or other form of professional training that meets one or more PA|PG|PC proficiencies outlined in Chapter 5 of this document or other related topic/skill set to be approved by the Standards & Certification Committee. The training may be presented by a County PA|PG|PC member or any other outside entity/organization.
- Online Training: Any training, course, workshop or other form of professional training that is offered on the Association’s proprietary Learning Management System (LMS), any webinars or county sponsored online pre-recorded courses.
The Association charges a certification fee for all trainings to support our costs. The current certification fee is $10 Per Person/Per Course Hour irrelevant of type of training being taken.
Important Note: No more than:
- Seven (7) online credit hours may be accumulated in any four (4)-year period as approved by the Association
- Seven (7) proficiency credit hours may be accumulated in any four (4)-year period as approved by the Association
- Credits received for competency trainings are not limited, provided the Association has approved such trainings