Association membership offers an array of services including peer-to-peer mentoring, training certification, career opportunities and so much more. Please review our membership requirements thoroughly before applying. All memberships require:
- Employment in a Public Administrator, Public Guardian, or Public Conservator office in one of the 58 counties in California as well as
- Authorization from a member’s manager to verify county employment status (shown by completing the Authorization Form, found below)
To access the New Member Authorization Form click the button below. Please download and complete prior to applying and then upload as part of the application process (a link to the free Adobe Reader has been provided for your use).
New Memberships During Renewal Season (July 1 – September 30)
Membership Managers for each County Program can now add new members when they submit their annual renewal roster in Member365. For more information on how to renew memberships please check out the Chapter Management Resource page here.
If your Membership Manager has already submitted the County Program roster for renewal, or it is outside the renewal period, new members can be added on an individual basis by clicking on one of the below Membership Applications.
Don’t know which membership is right for you? Have questions about membership fees? Don’t hesitate to give us a call with your membership questions – we’re here to help.
All memberships are non-transferrable. This can impact our members in a variety of ways including
- Transferring to Another County or Program: Should a member transfer to another county and/or program they are required to get a new membership within the new county irrelevant of whether they had an active membership with their prior county program. Please Note: The Association does allow all members to transfer their earned credits from one county program to another
- Promotions to a New Role: Should a member promote to a new position requiring a change in membership type within their current county (i.e. from a line staff role to supervisor or manager), they are required to pay for the new membership tier irrelevant of whether they had another active membership tier
- Staff Turnover: Memberships are not transferable from one staff member to another. Any new staff member must apply for a new membership under their own name
Terminating a Membership
Membership Managers for each County Program can now delete members when they submit their annual renewal roster in Member365. If your Membership Manager has already submitted the County Program roster for renewal, or it is outside the renewal period, members can be terminated by having a Supervisor or Membership Manager complete the Membership Termination form below. Thank you.