What is the Difference Between a Virtual vs. Online Training
CA PA|PG|PC differentiates between Virtual vs. Online trainings as follows.
- Virtual Training (Synchronous Learning): Refers to training done in a virtual environment on a set date and time with the learner and the instructor in separate locations. Virtual training and virtual training environments are designed to simulate the traditional, interactive classroom or learning experience in real-time
- Online Training (Asynchronous Learning): Refers to a pre-recorded training that does not occur in the same place or at the same time. It uses resources that facilitate information sharing outside the constraints of time and place among a network of people allowing members to learn at their own pace and at a time that’s convenient for them
If you are interested in one of our virtual courses, or events hosted by other Association partners, please visit our Event Calendar here.
Online Training Policies & Cost
We have outlined the Association’s online training policies and cost by whether you are a member of the Association or not. To be a member, you must
- Be employed in a Public Administrator, Public Guardian, or Public Conservator office in one of the 58 counties in California as well as
- Have authorization from a member’s manager to verify county employment status
Below are policies members should be aware of before taking an online course. More information on the Association’s certification policies can be found here.
- Members are limited to 7 (seven) credits for Online Trainings each 4-year certification window
- Members must complete an online course within a year of starting and pass the course with a grade of 70% or higher to receive credits
- Members must be logged into Member365 to receive membership pricing
- Credits for completed online trainings will not be given until payment has been received in full
- Member online courses normally cost $10/credit hour but will be waived until further notice
We are happy to offer non-members access to our online training courses. We do not track what courses you have taken but can provide a certification of completion once you have completed a course. Policies include the following.
- There are no limits to how many online courses a non-member can take
- Non-member online courses cost $50/credit hour
- A certification of course completion will be sent once payment has been received in full