SECTION I. REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OVERVIEW
The California Association of Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators (CA PA|PG|PC) is sending you the enclosed invite for your consideration in our process to hire a consultant to oversee the process of hiring trainers and motivational speakers for a variety of trainings we do throughout the year for our members with the assistance of the Association’s Executive team. Additional details on our organization and scope of training coordination are noted below.
The budget to recruit, hire and manage these trainers is $30,000 for FY 2020/2021and $30,000 for FY 2021/2022 and both years are Grant funded through March 2022. Upon appointment, it is anticipated that most meetings with the Executive Office will be conducted remotely. In the event in-person meetings are scheduled, travel costs will not be reimbursed.
Proposal Information Due
Please submit your proposal by Friday December 11, 2020 at 3:00pm PST via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Training Consultant Proposal”
Questions Regarding RFP
All questions concerning this RFP should be submitted to email@example.com using the subject line: “Training Consultant Proposal Inquiry”.
SECTION II. OVERVIEW OF CA PA|PG|PC
CA PA|PG|PC is a non-profit association representing government officials and employees who provide services to the citizens of California through the Public Administrator, Public Guardian, and Public Conservator offices in each of California’s 58 counties. These agencies act as the legal guardian or conservator of older and dependent adult Californians who are no longer able to act in their own best interest, resist undue influence, or are gravely disabled because of a psychiatric or cognitive disorder. The agencies also act as the personal representative for decedent estates for whom there is no other person willing or able to act.
As the designated certifying body for all county Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators in California, we provide a variety of professional trainings to help prepare our members to meet the rigorous demands of the job as well as advocate for PA|PG|PC county professionals within the legislative process in California.
SECTION III. SCOPE OF SERVICES
Scope of Consulting/Contractor Services
The scope of services includes
1. Recruiting, hiring and managing:
a. Professional trainers for the Association’s virtual trainings and annual conference
b. Professional trainers for 5 regional conferences within a 12-month period
Other Qualifying Factors
Selected consulting firm/contractor will possess the following:
● Worker’s Compensation Insurance (for firms only) : The contractor hereby warrants that it carries Worker’s Compensation Insurance for all of its employees who will be engaged in the performance of the contract.
● Professional Liability Insurance : The contractor shall maintain or cause to be maintained professional liability insurance during the period of the contract insuring against the losses, damages, or expenses incurred by CA PA|PG|PC as a result of the willful or negligent acts, errors, or omissions of the contractor, or any officers, employees or agents thereof.
● Confidentiality of Data : All financial, statistical, personal, technical, and other data and information relating to CA PA|PG|PC operations, which are designated confidential by CA PA|PG|PC and made available to the contractor, shall be protected by the contractor from unauthorized use and disclosure. The contractor shall not be required under the provisions of this paragraph to keep confidential any data or information, which is or becomes publicly available, is independently developed by the contractor outside the scope of the contract or is rightfully obtained from third parties.
● Maintenance of Records : The contractor agrees to maintain any books, records, documents, and other evidence pertaining to the reimbursable costs, and hold them available for audit and inspection by CA PA|PG|PC, or its agents, for a period of seven (7) years.
● Location/Travel : Must be able to travel periodically to Sacramento to meet with Executive Office.
SECTION IV. DESIRED INFORMATION/OVERVIEW
General Consultant Information
As part of your proposal please provide the following:
● Name of Company/Consultant & Address
● Contact person & Title
● Telephone # & Email address
● A thorough explanation of why you/your company is a good fit for our Organization in meeting the scope of work. Please be as specific as possible
● Short biography(s) of proposed trainer consultant
Client Management Services & Fees
● Process for managing account, including day-to-day interaction with client (Association) ● Additional resources that the company offers
● Proposed elements of plan along with a suggested budget and timeline for completion
● List of clients (name only) for whom you/your company have served in the Non-profit/Assocation sector
● Contact information for three (3) specific professional references
CA PA|PG|PC will evaluate proposals on a qualitative basis. This includes our review of the consultant/contractor’s peer review report and related materials, interviews with senior engagement personnel to be assigned to our organization, results of discussions with other clients, and the consultant/contractor’s completeness and timeliness in its response to us. The final discussions of the selection of the consultant/contractor the requested services will be made by CA PA|PG|PC’s Executive Board.
SECTION V. ADDITIONAL TERMS
All materials submitted in response to this RFP become the property of CA PA|PG|PC upon delivery and shall be appended to any formal documentation, which would further define or expand the contractual relationship between CA PA|PG|PC and the Consultant/Contractor. Each applicant, as an express condition for CA PA|PG|PC’s consideration of such proposal, agrees that the contents of every other proposal submitted by other applicants with respect to this RFP are confidential, proprietary and trade secret information in all technical areas and waives any right to access such proposals during the RFP process. No submissions or supporting documentation will be returned to the submitting applicant. Neither party shall be liable for disclosures that are required by law.
Conflict of Interest
Proposing companies/entities are asked to identify any conflicts of interest in serving CA PA|PG|PC and to clarify, if applicable, how conflicts will be managed/mitigated to ensure the best interests of CA PA|PG|PC are met.
Reservation of Rights
This RFP does not commit CA PA|PG|PC to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of the proposal to this request, or to contract for services. CA PA|PG|PC reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals received as a result of this request, to negotiate with any qualified persons or organizations, or to cancel in part or in its entirety this RFP if, at the sole discretion of CA PA|PG|PC, the organization determines that it is in its best interest to do so.