Member 365 Rebuild
Thanks to the California Department of Social Services training grant, the Association is working with our membership management platform, Member365, to streamline several membership and training processes to allow counties more access/control to member information. The project began in September of 2020 and will begin a soft launch starting July 1, 2021, just in time for membership renewals.
This rebuild will convert management of memberships from the individual employee to the county program management team giving more power to each county program to manage and view their members. These new features include:
- Chapter Management: Creates chapters (county programs) that will improve membership management and allow roles within each county to manage their own members in real time
- Membership Renewal: Streamlines the membership renewal and billing process through improved membership verification and group billing – No more individual membership payments. All membership renewals will be done by an assigned County Program Membership Manager and noted on one master invoice generated by M365
- Member Certification: Allows designated contacts within each county program to view/download their members certification records
- Class Management: Streamlines the verification and payment of group classes by M365 creating an invoice for classes taken by County Program members once a class roster has been uploaded into the system
Roles will be created in the system to allow for the proper management of each county program (i.e. PA|PG|PC program) and include:
- Owner: The person who is identified within the organization membership that can assign the subsequent roles (this will be the Principal member or designated contact for the county program). If the Owner or Designated Contact has not completed the New Group Roles form (found here), the system will automatically assign them the Billing Contact and Membership Manager system roles starting July 1, 2021
- Secondary Contact (Back-up to Owner): Will have the same permissions as the owner
- Billing Contact (BC): Receives and pays the applicable invoices for the individual membership applications and renewals and training fees (Can have up to two staff members assigned to the role if needed)
- Membership Manager (MM): Manages the member/renewal list and other permissions such as editing member information or request member deletion, retrieve member certification records, change program designation, etc. (Can have up to two staff members assigned to the role if needed)
TRAININGS ON NEW SYSTEM CHANGES
To ensure designated county staff are prepared for these new roles, the Association is offering a one hour training course each Wednesday at 9:00am from July 14 – August 18, 2021 to train designated program staff on how to navigate the new Admin console, learn how to approve memberships in bulk as well as create invoices for group trainings and download certification records. To sign up please visit our Events/Training Calendar here.
Can’t attend a virtual training? We have several training resources available in a variety of formats to choose from below. Should you need additional help navigating these new features please reach out to the Association’s Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Resources for Group Class Verification
As part of the new Chapter Management process, County Programs must now upload course verification documents (class roster or attendance certification as well as a new Group Activity cover sheet) for all classes not given by the Association. Proof of attendance for outside trainings is considered either the original sign-in sheet or a Certificate of Attendance (sometimes provided by trainers) as well as a new cover page to verify the group class information submitted in Member365.
- Please Note: The Association will no longer accept mail in confirmation of class attendance. All County hosted trainings must be uploaded into Member365 for members to receive credit after payment has been made
The proof of attendance documents are then uploaded into Member365 by your County Program’s Membership Manager and once the Association has approved the Group Activity, your County Program’s Billing Manager will receive an email with an invoice for payment. Below are the templates for both the Group Activity Cover Sheet (mandatory for submission) and a sign in sheet that can be used to track attendance.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions concerning the new Member365 platform features. We will continue to update this list as the project progresses. Don’t see an answer to a question you have? Feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you within 3 business days. Thank you.
Unfortunately, you can only have one Owner (This is the Principle or Designated Contact for the County program that holds the County Program Membership) and one Secondary Contact. The good news is you can have up to two Billing Contacts and two Member Managers per County program if you so choose.
Membership renewals will happen in bulk. After July 1, the assigned Membership Manager will get an email informing them that they need to log into M365 to renew their staff’s membership for the new fiscal year. You can learn more by clicking here to be directed to our training resource page (coming soon).
Please note: All memberships are considered renewed when payment has been received from the County Program.
Yes, you can add new County Program members to your Chapter roster when you renew each year. Once you have submitted your renewal list, all other new members will need to apply via our website by visiting our Become a Member page on the Association’s website.