Association membership offers an array of services including peer-to-peer mentoring, training certification, career opportunities and so much more. Please review our membership requirements thoroughly before applying. All memberships require:
- Employment in a Public Administrator, Public Guardian, or Public Conservator office in one of the 58 counties in California as well as
- Authorization from a member’s manager or the County program Membership Manager to verify county employment status (shown by completing the Authorization Form, found below)
To access the New Member Authorization Form click the button below. Please download and complete prior to applying and then upload as part of the application process (a link to the free Adobe Reader has been provided for your use).
New Memberships During Renewal Season
When is Renewal Season?
Membership Managers (MM) can review and submit their county program’s annual membership renewal starting July 1 – September 30 each year. Any renewal’s submitted before July 1 will be rejected and MM will need to reprocess the renewal request after July 1.
For more information on how to renew memberships during renewal season, including how to add and delete membership or change membership type, please check out the Chapter Management Resource page here.
Renewal Season Close or Renewal Roster Already Submitted?
If it is a few months before renewal season or if your Membership Manager has already submitted the County Program roster for renewal, please reach out to the Executive Office at email@example.com with the subject line “New Member Application Request”. One of our team members will get back to you with next steps.
Don’t know which membership is right for you? Have questions about membership fees? Don’t hesitate to give us a call with your membership questions – we’re here to help.
All PA, PGs, PCs or other County Officials designated by respective Boards of Supervisors, Councils, or by election to perform the duty of Public Administrator, Guardian, or Conservator within the respective county or any Chief Assistant, i.e., Chief Deputies, Senior Deputies, Deputies, Assistant, etc., who bear responsibility for the daily operation of the above named offices and are so designated in writing by the Principal.
“All supervisory or management personnel by whatever title, i.e. Chief Deputy, Assistant, Deputy, etc., who are employees of the county agencies providing the services of PA, PG, PC and receiving a salary paid by the county or by statutory fees and actively engaged in the profession of estate and case management and investigation functions of PA, PG, or PC.”
Excluding persons who qualify as Principal or Associate Members, all employees of the county agencies providing the services of PA, PG, or PC and receiving a salary paid by the county and actively engaged in the functions of Public Administrator, Public Guardian or Public Conservator.
All memberships are non-transferrable. This can impact our members in a variety of ways including
- Transferring to Another County or Program: Should a member transfer to another county and/or program they are required to get a new membership within the new county irrelevant of whether they had an active membership with their prior county program. Please Note: The Association does allow all members to transfer their earned lifetime credits from one county program to another as long as that transfer happens within a year of their membership being archived from their old county program. All transferred memberships are required to start a new 4-year certification window with their new county membership
- Promotions to a New Role: Should a member promote to a new position requiring a change in membership type within their current county (i.e. from a line staff role to supervisor or manager), they are required to pay for the new membership tier irrelevant of whether they had another active membership tier
- Staff Turnover: Memberships are not transferable from one staff member to another. Any new staff member must apply for a new membership under their own name
Terminating a Membership
Membership Managers for each County Program can now delete members when they submit their annual renewal roster in Member365. Thank you.