Below please find a list of answers to Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not listed below or you need further assistance, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and one or our team members will contact you within three (3) business days of receipt. Thank you.
- Expanding our presence and influence on relevant issues and needs that face PA | PG | PC professionals within California
- Advocating for PA | PG | PC programs to help maintain or improve state funding for these vital services
- Coordinating training standards and assisting individual counties in obtaining necessary training to meet ever-changing state mandates thus reducing the burden and liabilities on counties to fulfill these expectations
- Providing essential technical guidance to individual counties to navigate difficult cases and
- Continuing to foster key partnerships with other like-minded organizations and state entities to help move our mission forward
For a breakdown of county fees please click here (PDF).
If you are interested in participating as a vendor at our annual conference, please send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with details on your services and booth space size needed. One of our team members will follow up with you within three (3) business days of receipt with pricing and additional information.
- Be employed in a Public Administrator’s, Public Guardian’s, or Public Conservator’s office in one of the 58 counties in the State of California
- Receive approval from the Principal member of the Association representing the County agency you are employed with
- Serving as the conservator of the person only, estate only or both person and estate depending on the needs of the individual
- Conservator of the Person: The Conservator arranges for the client’s care and protection, determines where the client will live and makes appropriate arrangements for health care, housekeeping, transportation and recreation
- Conservator of the Estate: The Conservator manages the client’s finances, locates and takes control of the assets, collects income due, pays bills, invests the client’s money and protects known assets
- Providing case management services including placement services
- Providing estate management including applying and maintaining appropriate public benefits, paying bills, providing personal needs funds and acting as the representative payee
- Ensuring the conservatee receives appropriate mental health and physical health services
- Providing real and personal property management, including safeguarding of assets and valuables and seeking court authority for sale of assets when necessary to provide for the needs of the conservatee
- Protecting the decedent’s property from waste, loss or theft
- Making appropriate burial arrangements
- Conducting thorough investigations to locate all assets
- Ensuring that the estate is administered according to the decedent’s wishes
- Paying decedent bills and taxes
- Locating persons entitled to inherit from the estate