Regional events provide an opportunity for our members and partners to obtain critical training certification credits in key areas that affect daily PA|PG|PC work. Regional training and meeting opportunities can be found on the Association’s event calendar and are updated frequently.
CA PA|PG|PC Regional Trainings
The Association, through a generous grant from the California Department of Social Services, will be offering a series of Regional ‘Boot Camp’ trainings for our members and partners throughout California in 2018-19. Our first series of trainings focused on basic PA|PG|PC issues and provided an overview of each program discipline for individuals new to the PA|PG|PC world or partners wanting to better understand conservatorship and decedent estate management as well as those members needing a refresher on key concepts and practices in each area.
Our next set of regional trainings will be structured as one day of training broken down into two 3-hour sessions and will focus on Inventories and Appraisals (I&A) and Court Accountings. A brief description of each is below
- Inventories & Appraisals: This course will teach our members how to prepare a court inventory and appraisal including what estate property should be listed on Attachment 1 and Attachment 2. It will cover proper forms when the I&A must be sent to the Probate Referee and when it doesn’t as well as answer questions regarding how to appropriately value property
- Court Accountings: This course will teach our members how to prepare a court accounting and the recommended Judicial Council forms needed to complete the court accounting from beginning to end
Dates and locations for these trainings are as follows:
- January 29, 2019: Pleasant Hill Community Center – 320 Civic Drive, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
- February 21, 2019: Sheraton Redding Hotel at Sundial Bridge – 820 Sundial Bridge Drive, Redding, CA 96003
- March 7, 2018: Sacramento County PA/PG/PC Office -3331 Power Inn Road, Sacramento, California 95826
To register, please go to our Event Calendar here. Trainings open for registration 45 days prior to the training date. Should you have any immediate questions, please feel free to reach out to the Executive Office at 916.449.9909.
County Sponsored Regional Trainings
Regional trainings are also hosted by individual County PA|PG|PC offices throughout the year and are open to any active Association member. In order for certification credits to be available at Regional trainings, the hosting PA|PG|PC Office is required to submit an application to the Association thirty (30) days prior to the training date to verify the programming being provided meets our training standards as defined by our Standards and Certification guidelines.
If interested in hosting a Regional Training that provides Association accreditation, please complete the below application. Someone from the Association’s Standards & Certification committee will get back to you within five (5) business days notifying the facilitator whether the application has been approved. Once approved, the training will be available online for members to register.